Tuesday, December 22, 2009

She's Here!!!











Annalyn Mae is finally here! We went in to the hospital Thursday morning 17th and she was born that afternoon at 12:42 pm :) It was such a different experience having a c-section but I am glad that we went that way in the end. I was just as nervous for the unknown going in but felt a little prepared after talking to friends & family about their experiences. To sum up the c-section experience I went in at 10:30 (not in labor) they had me get in a gown then monitored the baby for an hour and took more blood then I thought they needed to :) from me. At noon they wheeled me into the operating room (which reminded me of something from a medical show - bright & clean & scary & super COLD). I sat on the table and they gave me a shot in my spine - similar to an epidural - then I immediately laid down & started going numb in my legs...after about 15 minutes I was completely numb from my mid-section down & Blake & Kirstin were in the room with me all scrubbed up. They cut in & after like 30 minutes they said "OK you are going to feel some pressure"...& man were they right....it felt like someone put a car on my chest! That lasted for about 1 LONG minute (Blake & Kirstin were watching & said 3 people were literally on top of my chest pushing the baby out) & then out she came & I am almost certain her & I started crying at the same time - both from shock but me mostly from total joy at hearing her & knowing that she was here safe :)
We got home Monday afternoon & are all doing well :)

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I'M dying over here...she is SOOOOOOOO Cute! :-) I literally started giggling when I saw the first picture. She reminds a lot of Kurtis but in a girly sweet way. :-) I love her perfectly round head with the soft cover of brown hair....oh and that headband and flower--super cute. :-) wonder who made that for her? ;-) She's just beautiful and I'm SO happy for you guys. :-) Love you and wish I could be there. Give her a kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey, I'm so happy for you! I can't tell you how much you were in my thoughts last week. I am so glad you called. I remember how nervous I was, so I could TOTALLY understand! I can't wait to see her, but will definitely wait until I get rid of this yucky cold junk first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey we are so happy for you and Blake. She is so beautiful! We can't wait to see her in person. Have a Merry Christmas! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I've been wanting to come visit so badly but the kids and myself have been sick for over a week with the flu and cold. We're just now finally recovering so if you need a meal or anything, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's beautiful!! Congratulations. Sorry I couldn't make it up for your shower. Kyle's parents ended up moving that day and needed some extra hands to help move them. I hope I get to meet your cute little girl soon!!
    ~ash

    ReplyDelete